Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ellen Degeneres As Cover Girl Rep


I just saw a commercial for Cover Girl make up with Ellen Degeneres as the spokeswoman. I think this is brilliant! Ellen has a huge following, mainly because she is a hoot, but she's also one hell of a talk show hostess. But in addition to that, she is a combination of being lovely, and being your everyday woman.

In the commercial she lends her humor to the product, while at the same time explaining why it's great, thereby speaking to most women on a level we understand and embrace. And she also makes fun of herself in that uniquely Ellen way.

What I love about how they did this advertising is that it targets more to the average, everyday woman, and using a woman that most of us love. Ellen makes a great spokesperson for any product, but I love seeing her used specifically for a make-up. Her American Express commercials are great as well, but seeing her talk about make-up, and particularly an age defying product, makes me want to try it.

By the way, if you've never seen Ellen's stand-up routine on procrastination, I highly recommend it. I've seen it several times and laugh myself silly with every viewing.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this commercial, but I will watch for it. You are right about Ellen's talk show. I love it which was a surprice to me because I did not like her sit coms. I wonder what the difference is so that one appeals to me and the other I found boring and unbelievable. Anyway, I really like Ellen and picture attached to your blog is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture too, and it really represents why she makes such a great Cover Girl spokesperson. Cover Girl does a great job of using women who look more like real women than airbrushed airheads. Love the Queen Latifa commercials too.

    ReplyDelete