Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Specter Tells The Truth

At the town hall in Pennsylvania Senator Specter finally tells the truth about Washington by making the statement that he didn't have to be at that town hall and he was under no obligation to meet with his constituents.

So what he's really saying is that he's doing the people of PA a huge favor by actually listening to them. I guess I must be reallly naive because I was under the impression that the Senators worked for the people.

His statement that he was under no obligation to listen is the perfect reflection of what's going on right now, but it also reveals how these town halls are perceived by the legislators. If they don't think they are obligated to listen, then they won't, and these town halls are all for show. They will do what they want to do and what the people think about it matters not a jot.

Finally, somebody tells the truth about how the politicians view the people.

1 comment:

  1. I met Senator Spector when I worked for the classified section of a newspaper in PA. Senator Spector had to take out an ad because he had missed the filing date to be on the ballot for re=election. His excuse "They should have known I would be running". I could only shake my head in wonder after he walked away.

    ReplyDelete